Your child begins the journey into adolescence in a world of sexting, bullying, online stalking and moral defiance. Innocence is under attack, and you cannot win the battle with a single awkward talk or a strict set of rules. The primary defense for your child is a strong relationship with you and with God.
Using the Passport2Purity®, this seminar is designed for the parent and their teens aged 11 to 15 years to build heart-to-heart communication while laying a foundation of purity that will prepare them for the turbulent years ahead. Through the 5 session teachings, object lessons and guided conversations, parent can set their teen on a journey of moral integrity—and strengthen their bond.
Session 1— Beginning the Journey
• Welcome and Opening Games
• Priority of God’s Word
• Expectations for the seminar
• 3 Things You Will Need
• Memory Verses: Col 1:18, Ps 119:105
• Challenges Ahead
• Types of Traps
• Ultimate Authority in Life
• Project: “Puzzled”
Session 2—Running with the Herd
• Peer Pressure
• What is fear of men?
• Don’t Be Stampeded By Peer Pressure
• What’s the risk of giving in?
• Peer Pressure Protection
• Project: “Mixing Friends”
• People You Spend Time With
• What do you look for in a friend?
• Memory Verses: 1 Cor 15:33-34a, Proverbs 4:23-27
• Be Aware and Be Prepared
• Who Am I?
• Jesus Your Most Important Friend
Session 3—Ready for an Upgrade?
• Your body is changing
• Bombarded by hormones
• Interest in opposite sex
• What is Sexual intercourse?
• What the Bible says about sex
• Sex Drive
• Memory Verses: Song of Songs 8:4
• Project: “Burned Up”
Session 4—Destination Le Pure
• Purity means
• Boundaries: Why should you set them?
• How far will you go?
• Where God draws the line? [beyond abstinence]
• How can you keep your way pure?
• Memory Verse: 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
• Project: “Leaky Balloon”
• Relating to young men/women
Session 5—Crossing the Date Line
• Dating Questionnaire
• Seeing dating differently
• Your parents need to be involved
• Memory Verses: Philippians 2:3-4
• Project: “Too Close for Too Long”
• Samuel’s Testimony
The complete box set of “Passport2Purity” will be distributed at the Pre-Seminar Briefing. Parents need to collect this box set prior to the actual day of PuritySeminar to do some preparation work. So, it is crucial that parents attend the Pre-Seminar Briefing. Pre-Seminar Briefing is for parents only. Please do not have teens with you at this briefing.